Sisco hurt?

ChuckS

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>2 Os prospects were put on 7day DL by Frederick. C Chance Cisco., small fracture of the right ring finger -- should be back in 5-7 days ...</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">April 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>OF Josh Hart sprained his right shoulder diving for a ball in the gap.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">April 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think we’ve all noticed that more calls have gone against the O’s than for them in the last few years.  It was only the Alomar part of your thesis that made me shake my head.   
    • But when that LHB is a Ced in a terrible slump, does that really matter?  Anyone could have done what he did, regardless of handedness, time in league or past track record.   Letting him try to hit was a bad decision.
    • I will be surprised if Baumann gets claimed.  I think he will be in AAA and that was part of the calculus for the move. 
    • Glad I'm not imagining things in regard to it being worse for us in recent years.  I don't recall thinking the umpiring was this bad, say, 10 years ago...but then again, there also didn't seem to be a better solution on the horizon. MLB should want robot umps for a few reasons...first, they should want accurate strike calls, that's just obvious.  Two, it's not a secret that MLB wants offense and they've been looking for ways to create offense ever since they stopped looking the other way on PEDs in the late 90s, early 2000s.   I have to believe that if pitchers aren't getting calls on pitches that are off the strike zone that a few things will happen; walks will increase because a pitcher won't be able to try to paint a corner too often.  They'll run the risk of throwing more balls, and as a result they'll put more over the plate for hitters to swing at.  Batters can feel more confident about taking a ball off the plate because they won't be afraid that an umpire will call it a strike. More pitches in the zone,  more swings, perhaps more offense, MLB should want that....maybe that's just really simplistic thinking but it seems fairly logical to me.  I also can't believe MLB wants the bat taken out of a superstar's hands in a crucial moment because an umpire missed a strike call or two, that's just not good for the game.  You've gotta wonder what the outcomes of some games would be if pitchers aren't getting strike calls because the umpiring is so awful. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as getting rid of the umpires and installing the robots.  The umpires are unionized, they'll strike, whatever.  I wouldn't blame them for doing that, either.   But something's gotta give.  It's my hope that by 2030 there's a solution to this issue and that there's a defined strike zone for batters and that umpires can still have a place in the game, even if it's not as much from behind home plate calling balls and strikes.  
    • Mullins has options, for what it's worth. I doubt they would send Cedric down, but Johnson could take Stowers' spot and move Cedric to more of a bench role.
    • Big night.  I did see something funny.  He tried to throw someone out at the plate from fairly shallow RF and air mailed it into the stands.  Never seen that before.  I assume there is some type of screen he would have had to clear to do it.
    • That's a number that college football players at skill positions can hit regularly so I can buy it.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now